Video of Kenyan Granny Threatening to Beat Up Chinese Lady Excites Online Users

Sanyatti

Video of Kenyan Granny Threatening to Beat Up Chinese Lady Excites Online Users
A video of a Kenyan granny threatening to beat up a young Chinese woman has gone viral, exciting Kenyans on social media.

In the video by a vernacular TV station, a seemingly furious Jane Nyambura threatens to give the Chinese lady a beating.

pjimage - 2021-01-16T204538.919.jpg
The 75-year-old granny’s anger was as a result of delayed compensation for her land that was compulsorily acquired by the government to pave the way for the construction of Kariminu Dam in Gatundu North, Kiambu County.

“Please warn that girl for me because so help me God I will beat her up,” Nyambura repeatedly says in Kikuyu while pointing at the Chinese lady.

The Chinese woman works for the Chinese company that won the contract for the construction of the dam.

Reports indicate Nyambura is supposed to get a compensation amounting to Sh3 million for her parcel of land but is yet to receive the payment over seven months later.

She recently stormed the construction site in the company of her sons and other villagers, demanding the delayed payment.

“We have been taken for granted because they always postpone the payments every time we ask. They told us to produce legal documents which we did but nothing was forthcoming,” said one of Nyambura’s sons.

It took the intervention of area Chief and other government officials to calm the angry residents who were promised they will get payments in a week.

“I was extremely angry because I had not been paid. Now that I have been assured that the money will be paid soon I have no reason to remain angry,” Nyambura said after government officials assured her of prompt payment.