Senator Irungu Kang'ata should be Respected for rescuing BBI ~ Alfred Mutua

E7CD8103-84E8-4E75-B919-E2E0F4583C16.jpeg

Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua has supported Muranga senator Irungu Kang’ata’s letter to President Uhuru Kenyatta, warning the likelihood of the BBI facing rejection in the Central part of Kenya.

Mutua who is a supporter of BBI called out the president saying it was detrimental to ignore the concerns addressed by the Senate Majority Chief Whip.

“By speaking about the challenges as he sees them, he has issued a call to arms which has now made the BBI issue and its success, especially in Mt. Kenya area, an issue of debate and hopefully, action. I am especially pleased that no less than 10 fellow Governors issued a statement due to Senator Kangata’s letter. They have said all will be well and I am sure they will now, more than before, ensure all will be well. That is good for BBI” he said.

The governor stated that the senator’s courageous act has vocalized the whispers that have been going on due to propaganda by opposers of the referendum, and has issued a call to arms which has now made BBI a matter of debate in the region.

“So, instead of condemning and exerting pressure on my friend and fellow youthful leader Senator Irungu Kangata, we, who support BBI, should be honouring him”, he added.

Governors from the Mt. Kenya region have roasted senator Kang’ata following his assessments of BBI, as 10 of them claim the evaluation is personal aimed to seek cheap publicity.

Kang’ata’s letter also suggested the trimming of government, which is contrary to BBI’s agenda of adding 70 more Members of Parliament. He also claimed that President Uhuru frustrated some politicians in the region after refusing to consider their budget demands.