Ruto Won't Make it, Francis Atwoli Says on 2022 Presidential Contest

Nelly

Central Organization of Trade Unions (COTU) secretary-general Francis Atwoli has warned Kenyans against voting for Deputy President William Ruto.

Atwoli indicated that Ruto, who is seeking to succeed President Kenyatta in 2022, lacks the integrity required to lead the country, adding that the odds are against him.
The outspoken trade unionist called on Kenyans to support Kenyatta and ODM leader Raila Odinga’s bid to unite the nation ahead of next year’s elections.

"I beseech Kenyans to stop gambling at political odds. Ruto won't make it. I am not seeing how,” Atwoli said.

Atwoli, who spoke during a burial in Siaya County on Saturday, further questioned Ruto’s trip to Uganda claiming that the deputy president wants to create a resistance movement.

"This foreign trips to Uganda camouflaged in business deals could be secret political machinations aimed at creating a resistant movement,” Atwoli alleged.

He alleged that Ruto and his allies could be planning to smuggle illegal arms into the country through the porous borders, adding that their movements must be thoroughly scrutinized.

"I am ready to record a statement because some of these containers they return with carries what?" he posed.

At the same time, Atwoli exuded confidence that the country’s next president will be produced by the handshake team.

"We are ready for 2022 with lots of money and all other resources that is required in a transitional election and let nobody run around thinking that they are the billionaires. Watch this step and you will see the money we will release in the political economy beginning next year,” he stated.