Kenya Tourist Visa Information and how to apply for one
The eVisa Kenya, introduced in 2015, is an electronic visa which allows eligible citizens to visit the country for a short stay for tourism or business purposes. The Kenya visa online was implemented by the government of the Republic of Kenya to expedite the visa application service for eligible citizens.
The Kenya eVisa is a single entry visa that allows a stay of up to 90 consecutive days in Kenya. eVisa holders also have the option to extend their visit once in Kenya, for an additional stay of up to 90 days. The Kenya eVisa is valid to use and enter Kenya for 3 months from the date of issue.
Eligible citizens can apply through the simple eVisa Kenya online application, which only takes minutes to complete with some personal and passport information. It is also necessary to answer some questions related to health, security, and travel plans for the stay in Kenya for the visa to be approved.
Upon approval, the Kenya eVisa is electronically linked to the applicant’s passport and a copy in PDF format is sent to the applicant via email.
Activities permitted with the Kenyan visa online include a holiday, business activities, visiting friends and relatives, or medical treatment. To visit Kenya for other purposes, foreign citizens are required to contact their nearest Kenyan Embassy or Consulate.
Kenya eVisa Requirements
Getting a visa for Kenya is a simple process. In order to apply a Kenyan online visa application, it is first necessary for the applicant to have the following:
- Passport from an eligible country valid for at least 6 months from the intended entry date
- At least 2 blank pages available inside the passport to receive exit/entry stamps at the Kenyan border
- Copy of the passport information page
- Recent travelers’ color photograph, passport size
- A valid debit or credit card to pay the Kenyan online visa application fee
- Proof of travel. This can be a confirmation email from your hotel reservation, flight confirmation, invitation letter or travel itinerary
- A current email address at which to receive the travel visa to Kenya
- The same passport used to complete the Kenya eVisa application form
- Proof of sufficient funds for the duration of the stay
- Proof of return/onward travel (eg: an airline ticket)
- Proof of hotel reservations
Visitors are required to apply for the Visa in the following website and follow all the required steps
Covid Update for Kenya
Last update: 22/04/2021
Flights from the United Kingdom are currently suspended. All passengers must have a medical certificate in English with a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued within 96 hours before arrival. All travelers must also complete a “Travelers Health Surveillance Form” online before departure. Arrivals are subject to medical screening and some travelers will have to undergo quarantine. You can also check the visa Policy of Kenya