'' I AM NOT HOSPITALIZED IN CHINA, AM ATTENDING A UN CONFERENCE IN DRC; RAILA ODINGA RUBISHES CLAIMS THAT HE WAS FLOWN TO CHINA FOR CANCER TREATMENT

Pavilion

Staff member
'' I AM NOT HOSPITALIZED IN CHINA, AM ATTENDING A UN CONFERENCE IN DRC; RAILA ODINGA RUBISHES CLAIMS THAT HE WAS FLOWN TO CHINA FOR CANCER TREATMENT

Kenya Former Prime Raila Odinga quietly flew out to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) on an official visit.

The comes at a time when Kenya has stepped up surveillance on a fake gold cartel and trading in the mineral that fraudsters claim comes from illegal mines in DRC.raila.jpg

GOLD SCANDAL

Mr Odinga, who has met DRC President Felix Tshisekedi several times in recent months, said yesterday his current visit to the Central African nation was to discuss infrastructure projects.

“I held talks in Kinshasa with President Felix Tshisekedi of the Democratic Republic of Congo on the construction of the Kinshasa- Brazzaville bridge that is part of the Tripoli-Cape Town Trans-Africa Highway. We also discussed the Inga Dam, whose completion is critical for Africa,” Mr Odinga said on his Twitter handle after the talks.

Mr Odinga usually posts his itinerary and at times shares pictures while at the airport whenever he leaves the country on official functions.
This time he chose to make the update only after he had finished his talks in the DRC, a day after his name had been sensationally dragged into the gold scandal by someone who is suspected to be Bungoma Senator Moses Wetang’ula in a leaked audio.

Mr Wetang’ula has been listed as a person of interest in the gold scandal that has seen Kenya become a playground for fake and illicit gold from the DRC and that has some top Dubai leaders as the latest victims. DRC is a major sources of gold.