"I’m Leaving You Through COVID": Kenyan Man Succumbs to COVID-19 Hours After Predicting His Death on Facebook

Blindspots

"I’m Leaving You Through COVID": Kenyan Man Succumbs to COVID-19 Hours AfterPredicting His Death on Facebook

A middle-aged Kenyan man from Nyeri County succumbed to COVID-19 hours after he made two posts about his condition in a Facebook group.
Tony Weru made a post on the Digital Farmers Facebook group announcing that he had contracted COVID-19 and feared he was going to die.
“COVID-19 is real, if I die, I don’t know where I contracted it,” he wrote.
Shortly after, he wrote another post bidding what looked like a goodbye to the 430,000 members of the group, where he was popular. The post was accompanied by a photo of himself wearing a mask with a seemingly sweaty face.
“I’m leaving you through COVID,” he wrote.
It later emerged that Weru, a popular bee and strawberry farmer in Mweiga, Nyeri County, died from the virus.
Reports indicate the deceased was rushed to Nyeri Provincial General Hospital on Tuesday morning after developing breathing complications.
He was immediately put on oxygen upon arrival at the hospital at about 10 am but he died later.
pjimage - 2021-04-01T171412.471.jpg