Eric Kneedler Takes Charge at US Embassy in Nairobi Following Ambassador McCarter's Departure

Sanyatti

Eric Kneedler Takes Charge at US Embassy in Nairobi Following AmbassadorMcCarter's Departure

The US Embassy in Nairobi has named Eric Kneedler as the Chargé d’Affaires ad interim following the resignation of Ambassador Kyle McCarter.

Through Twitter on Wednesday, the embassy said: "Join us in welcoming Eric Kneedler who becomes Chargé d’Affaires ad interim. A career member of the Senior Foreign Service, @StateDept. Mr. Kneedler will be using @USAmbKenya to continue advancing #USKEPartnership."

He previously served as Deputy Chief of Mission at the US Embassy in Nairobi from April 2019 to January 20th, 2021.

Kneedler began his assignment in Nairobi in 2017 as the Counselor for Political Affairs having previously served as the Counselor for Political Affairs at the US Embassy in Manila and the Deputy Political Counselor at the US Embassy in Bangkok.

He will be in charge of the Nairobi mission until McCarter’s successor is appointed. McCarter officially left office on Wednesday after serving in the position for two years.

In a farewell message to Kenyans on Wednesday, McCarter said serving as the American representative in Nairobi was the greatest honor of his life.

“I am sad to announce that this privilege is coming to an end today when I will resign my post. And I am proud of what the two countries have achieved.”

“It has been my honor and pleasure to serve my country and the Kenyan people as balozi. Time to move on,” McCarter said.

He was appointed to the position by President Donald Trump in January 2019 to replace Robert Godec, who served for six years.
pjimage - 2021-01-21T001615.291.jpgpjimage - 2021-01-21T001615.291.jpg