Tahidi High star Mr Mweposi has been fighting depression

Blindspots

Tahidi High star Mr Mweposi has been fighting depression
Former Tahidi High Actor Bernard Mwangi, known to many as Mr Mweposi, has for the first time opened up on fighting depression and alcoholism.

In an interview with Donald Mwepesy, the veteran actor said his life changed a few years ago, when his marriage ended.

"In 2011, things changed and I started being alcoholic. Ulevi mimi nimeingia nikiwa mtu mzima. When my marriage ended, I started drinking even more. Wakati huo ndo nikapata hata depression, high blood pressure bila hata mimi mwenyewe kujua."
He appealed to well-wishers to help him venture into onion and pepper farming so he can provide for himself.
Mr Mweposi said he used to work for Radio Citizen as a news anchor and voice-over artiste on a contract basis.

He tried in vain to get a permanent contract with the station after they failed to renew his contract, leaving him jobless.
The actor also said he was judged harshly when he fell into depression and alcoholism due to his status in society.

He added that his turning point was when he started thinking about his children.

"So jambo la kwanza ni kujikubali, kubali kuwa umeshuka, alafu anza sasa kurudi pole pole… Na mahali ambapo niliegemea ilikuwa ni kwa mungu… Marafiki mimi hawakunisaidia."

The actor added that he has been battling depression and diabetes, which have been the main contributors to his massive weight loss.

Attachments