Sunday Adelaja has been living in Ukraine for 35 years. He arrived in Ukraine when he was 19 years and is 55 years old now

Pavilion

Staff member
Sunday Adelaja has been living in Ukraine for 35 years. He arrived in Ukraine when he was 19 years and is 55 years old now
SOMEBODY NEED TO HEAR THIS BITTER TRUTH ( SHARING FROM ANOTHER PLATFORM 🤔🤔🤔)
I was listening to Rev Sunday Adelaja this morning on the Russian invasion of Ukraine and I learnt a very good lesson which every Nigerian in diaspora must learn, whether you go North, East, West or South, home is the best.

Sunday Adelaja has been living in Ukraine for 35 years. He arrived in Ukraine when he was 19 years and is 55 years old now.

All his investments are in Ukraine and he never saw any need to get a property in Nigeria or any other place.

He did not anticipate that an unforseen war with Russia would drive him and his family away from Kyev, Ukraine.

For the first time in his life he became homeless and had to depend on friends to hide his family. Now he's in hiding and can't even come to Nigeria because he has no investments in Nigeria.

Fellow Classmates ,no matter your status in a foreign land, remember that you are first a Nigerian before any other thing, and just as the Polish denied entry to all blacks, including black Ukrainian citizens from entering their country, except Slovakia, which has been so magnanimous to accept all comers.

No one knows when our citizenship of a foreign country will be questioned and when our foreign passport becomes worthless. What would you do?

A Pharaoh will arrive one day and doesn't know Joseph and your stay in a foreign land becomes shaky!

What would you do to protect your family from racial profiling and abuse?

Nigeria might today have a lot of problems but it is our country and I know my way in Nigeria more than any other country. I still miss the noise of Oshodi, Ojuelegba, the serenity of ikoyi and the nice the food.

It is incumbent on every Nigerian in diaspora to make investment at home a priority. Don't put all your eggs in one basket to avoid coming back home empty handed after many years of labor.

If Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich, could spend over 5 billion dollars on the British economy in the last twenty years and his assets are being frozen for a crime he didn't commit, who are you my brother Segun, from Ijebu ijesha to think that because you have a British Passport, they cannot get rid of you anytime they want?

A word is enough for the wise!