Ruto Faults President Uhuru for Allowing Junior State Officers to Belittle Him

Nelly

Deputy President William Ruto has faulted President Kenyatta for allowing junior government officers to demean him.

Ruto, who spoke during an interview on Inooro FM on Wednesday, said he will not let his deputy be disrespected and belittled by low-ranking officials if he becomes president next year.

“If I become the president of the Republic of Kenya, I will not allow my deputy to go through what I have been subjected to under President Uhuru. Being derided by junior officers in the government,” Ruto stated.

Ruto, who is seeking to succeed President Kenyatta, also ruled out the possibility of working with ODM leader Raila Odinga ahead of the 2022 general election, citing their ideological differences.

“Although Odinga is my friend, I cannot work together with him since our ideologies differ,” he added.

Ruto also seized the moment to speak about the bottom-up economic model, which he plans to use to revitalize the country’s economy should he be elected next year.

“I will not stop talking about the bottom-up economic model, I know it is a tough conversation to have, it is difficult but necessary, I know our friends at NASA do not understand it, but we will not stop,” DP Ruto said.

Pushed to explain why he has not suggested the economic model despite being in government in the past eight years, Ruto said the work of a deputy president is just to advise the President.

He also told off those linking him to the shortcomings of the Jubilee administration, explaining that Kenya’s best performing president (Mwai Kibaki) was the late President Moi’s deputy.