MONEY IS JUST A NUMBER, DON'T ALLOW IT TO CONTROL YOU

#TalkToSasha

"IF YOU THINK BEING RICH IS HAVING A LOT OF MONEY, MONEY IS JUST NUMBERS AND NUMNERS NEVER END"
~ Bob Marley ~

THERE IS MORE TO WEALTH THAN JUST A PIECE OF PAPER.

As I continue to age by the grace of the most high God, I want to share with you what I have learnt about money, I simply don't value money.

What do I mean by this, if you focus so much on the value of money you will never be able to live your best life, you will constantly be stressed and this can lead to depression.

Back when I lived in Juba South Sudan, I chilled a lot with people my parents age, in South Sudan the hustle is double the rest of Africa, when I first got there I was coned all the money I had with me to begin life down there, thank God Kenyans are so united when one of us is in trouble and they really came through for me at my hour of need, God bless them.

So you can imagine working in difficult times under that scorching son, it was not easy but God always goes with us. When I got back to my feet, I realised chilling with some of the elderly people would drive me straight into a depression.

Like let's say everytime we went to restaurants, they would order something cheap even if it was not that good to save money. Each time I ordered some food or bought myself something nice, the first thing that would come out of their mouth would be "Shasha, do you know how much you have eaten in Kenyan shilling? Most of them were Kikuyus and Luos so they used to pronounce my name as Shasha'

So in the beginning I would convert the Sudanese pounds into Kenyan shilling and most of the time it would register in my brain how much I had used which happened to be a lot in Kenyan shillings, I was left with one choice, to live my life like I have always liked it, or to start converting after every transaction and get depressed.

I reminded myself we come into this life with nothing and we shall leave with nothing and I continued to eat or buy what I wanted, after all, many people work so hard, deny themselves, only to die having never lived, leaving all that accumulation of wealth in the hands of people who did not work for it and in a few years time it all goes down the drain especially for those men who never teach their wives and children about money to remain feeling powerful in the house.

Drop the programming of money in your head, we are raised to be taught that Africa is poor, a lot of people who travel with me from abroad, come here with the mentality that Africa is a shithole, when they come with a few Pounds, Euros or Dollars, when they change that money to our currency their minds register that we are a poor continent just as they are taught, now take them to a Masai shop who is only selling for the survival of his family and you will see them bargaining a 10$ necklace or even a 50$ bag saying it is so expensive while those bags are the ones our beautiful sisters in Africa buy and carry every other day as we buy African to promote our own.

Because of this I have learnt that money can enslave your mind, you deny yourself so much and we are leaving it all here where we found it. Drop the value of money and live your best life, it is just a piece of paper that comes and goes, it's value is just a programming in our heads coz, if it was not, those coming with international currencies who deem to think Africa is poor would not be complaining about prices if we here in Africa were that badly off, they would shop everything but at the end of the day when they sit down and convert what they used, it sums up to be the same from where they come from or even more, it is a just a programming.

What we wear seems to be too expensive to them coz of the programming that plays in all our minds, coz our people here also assume most of the people with international currency are all rich while majority of them save for years to be able to visit the African continent. I have also seen some of my friends who have family abroad, after all those years someone of them send them 50$ in a month and complain a lot while doing it, not knowing that the African economy has changed a lot and there is very little one can do with 50$ in a whole month. The programming is sickening.

JUST REMINDING YOU IT IS ALL A PROGRAMMING THAT WE CAN UNLEARN!