MESSAGE OF CONDOLENCE FROM H.E HON. UHURU KENYATTA FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF FORMER HEAD OF PUBLIC SERVICE DR RICHARD LEAKEY

Sanyatti

MESSAGE OF CONDOLENCE FROM H.E HON. UHURU KENYATTA FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF FORMER HEAD OF PUBLIC SERVICE DR RICHARD LEAKEY

I have this afternoon, Sunday 2nd January 2022, received with deep sorrow the sad news of the passing away of Dr Richard Erskine Frere Leakey, Kenya's former Head of Public Service.
63A4E6CA-2CCD-4370-AFA8-118EF0C57AC5.jpeg
Dr Leakey, a globally renown Kenyan paleoanthropologist and conservationist, has over the years served our country with distinction in several public service roles among them as Director of the National Museums of Kenya and Chairman of the Kenya Wildlife Service Board of Directors.

Besides his distinguished career in the public service, Dr Leakey is celebrated for his prominent role in Kenya's vibrant civil society where he founded and successfully ran a number of institutions among them the conservation organization WildlifeDirect.

On behalf of the people of Kenya, my family and on my own behalf, I send heartfelt condolences and sympathies to the family, friends and associates of Dr. Richard Leakey during this difficult period of mourning.

May God the Almighty grant the soul of Dr Richard Leakey eternal rest.

HON. UHURU KENYATTA, C.G.H.

PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA

NAIROBI, 2nd January 2022