Meet - Captain Irene Koki Mutungi, Africa's first female Boeing 787 Dreamliner Captain.

Sanyatti

E0E69CBB-716B-4F97-83B2-66CE745EC053.jpeg

Meet - Captain Irene Koki Mutungi, Africa's first female Boeing 787 Dreamliner Captain. She is Kenya Airways' first female Pilot and Captain, she commanded first father/daughter flight and first all female flight crew in Africa.

Her father was a Pilot at Kenya Airways, flying with him from a very young age ignited her passion to became a Pilot and she never looked back.

At age 17, she attended flight school at Nairobi's Wilson Airport, where she obtained her Private Pilot's License. She went to obtain her Commercial Pilot's License from the Federal Aviation Administration, USA.

After obtaining her Commercial Pilot's License, Captain Irene Koki Mutungi returned to Kenya and was hired by Kenya Airways, as their first female Pilot and she has been with the airline for more than 2 decades.

She is currently commanding a Boeing 787 Dreamliner at Kenya Airways.

"My first flight was just few days before I turned 18 and it was the most amazing experience. My most memorable flight was the one I got to do with my father, it was his last flight in the airline, he chose to retire early and wind up his career with a flight he did with me and that was very memorable," said Captain Irene Koki Mutungi.

Join us in celebrating her 💃🏾🚀👏🏿