Kenyan Man Accused of Secretly Burying His Wife in Dallas, Texas Speaks Out

Pavilion

Staff member
Kenyan Man Accused of Secretly BuryingHis Wife in Dallas, Texas Speaks Out
A Kenyan man accused of secretly burying the body of his wife at a public cemetery in Dallas, Texas without the knowledge of her family has spoken out.

Speaking to Nation North America correspondent Chris Wamalwa, Obadiah Kinara denied claims that he had a hand in the mysterious death of 35-year-old Dorothy Bosibori Ongera, also a native of Kenya, who was found dead inside a bathtub at her house in Dallas on December 17th, 2020.

Kinara says pathologists concluded that Dorothy’s death was due to accidental drowning and claims that his in-laws are targeting the deceased’s insurance payouts and custody of the children.

He says he decided to speak out following a “campaign to portray me as a murderer despite no active investigation by law enforcement agencies”

“I loved my wife and I’ve been deeply hurt and affected by the social media campaign orchestrated by my in-laws to create the impression that I had something to do with the death. I believe some people are doing this because they are targeting my children and the insurance payouts,” he told Nation on Sunday.

Kinara adds that in the course of burial preparations, his in-laws led by Dorothy’s father David Ongera moved to a Texas court to stop the burial as well as take his children.

Dorothy, a mother of six, was living with Kinara, with whom she had three children. The father of the other children is Dorothy’s estranged husband Dennis Nyakundi Mose, who lives in Kenya.

The US laws recognize Kinara as Dorothy’s sole next of kin irrespective of marital status because they have three children and lived together until her death.

Dorothy’s family filed a case before Probate Court No.2 in Tarrant County seeking to have her remains exhumed and another autopsy conducted. The case was mentioned on February 12th.

Kinara dismissed claims that he failed to involve her family in burial arrangements, adding that he would be under probe if law enforcement, the courts, or the medical examiner suspected foul play.

“My wife had diabetes and was also being treated for high blood pressure. Medical examiners suspect she may have had a diabetic bout while lying in the bathtub,” Kinara said.

On the presence of blood in the bathtub, Kinara said: “As a registered nurse, I know it is not unusual for blood to ooze from openings when a person drowns.”

Attachments