Kenyan Couple with Huge Difference in Height Speaks Out After Viral Wedding Photos

MajorBoko

Kenyan Couple with Huge Difference inHeight Speaks Out After Viral Wedding Photos
A Kenyan couple whose photos have gone viral on social media following their wedding last weekend has spoken out.

What caught the attention of Kenyans online is the huge difference in height between Lilian Wawira Gatimu and her husband Ezekiel Mwangi Maina. 28-year-old Lilian is over 7 feet tall while Ezekiel, 33, is about three 3 feet tall.

jjjpjk

The two lovers tied the knot last Saturday having dated since 2017 when they met at the wedding of a friend. Lilian told BBC that she was impressed by Ezekiel’s courage.

“As soon as he saw me, he asked for my phone number. I told myself that this was the real man,” she said.

The couple admits their three-year love journey has not been smooth as they faced many hurdles including Ezekiel’s family pressuring him to ditch Lilian due to her height.

“They used to say I'm too tall, and I'm too old to beat him,” said Lilian.

Lilian is an Anglican evangelist in Baringo while Ezekiel is a businessman. She dismissed claims by social media users that she agreed to marry a man shorter than her because he is rich.

“If we had a lot of money, we would be on honeymoon in Dubai or Maasai Mara. But we are only here at home,” she said.

She revealed that her love for Ezekiel is based on his character and the way he treats her, adding that she respects him as the head of their family.

“It is very difficult for Mwangi to get angry, he has a good personality, he is a person I have no problem living with. And he loves me so much,” she said.“He calls me' baby even though I'm taller than him.”

“From time to time we quarrel just like any other couple. But he is gentle, and he has taught me to apologize.”

Ezekiel’s family finally accepted his wife and even attended their wedding but the couple says they lost some of their best friends.

“Some insulted me, saying unkind things to me. Some said I should look for someone as tall as me,” says Lilian.

The two said they were forced to make a special bed and order a special mattress from the factory because of Lilian's height. Their plan is to have two or three children.

Attachments