Inspector General Japheth Koome Responds to Viral Video of Employer Assaulting Employee While Claiming to Be Ruto’s Friend

ThePuma

download - 2022-12-08T225646.994.jpeg
Inspector General of the National Police Service (NPS) Japheth Koome on Thursday, ordered speedy investigations on a case where a man was captured in a video threatening his employee at a lounge in Kitengela that went viral on social media.

In a video, the owner of Rixxos Lounge, Kitengela, identified as James was captured threatening one of the lady employees who was demanding her salary.

In the video, James is heard insulting her and threatening to make her life miserable if she made the mistake of proceeding in reporting him over the incident. He further told her that she could not do anything to him because he was a friend to President William Ruto and that he speaks directly to him.

"I am not paying you, do you think you can take me anywhere, listen I talk to the President directly. If I resolve to take action against you you will regret it, I will not pay you," the man stated to an emotional lady.

However, his arrogance has not lasted long thanks to the power of social media. IG Koome said that the police had commenced investigations into the matter, which had caused an uproar.
Fjdt8c9XEAUDI4g.jpeg

The police boss asked the unidentified lady in the video to file a formal complaint at any police station to enable them to expedite investigations into the matter.

“The National Police Service has noted a distasteful video clip circulating on social media showing a man alleged to be the owner of Rixxos Lounge in Kitengela threatening a female employee demanding her unpaid salary.

"In accordance with our mandate to serve and protect all citizens, we have commenced our investigation into the matter," read the statement in part.
Rixxos Club Owner threatening employees