How Bukusu Bodaboda Rider Won the Heart of a Gorgeous American Girl

854FF5FD-A13D-424E-81A0-0D1E0F31969D.jpeg

Photo: Albert Wanyonyi and Carey Joy at Nyangali Village Bumula, Bungoma

Just like it was in 2014 when an Indian queen Sarika fell for a Bukusu Man,another story a of Bukusu Man Albert Wanyonyi has emerged.

Albert Wanyonyi 28 years and American Carey Joy Wanyonyi 35 years are living as man and wife in Nyangali Village Bumula,Bungoma. The two have been blessed with two Children, Noel and Blaze Wanyonyi. Carey is an economics graduate and property manager while Albert is a Bodaboda rider.

The above picture was taken while Albert and Joy were attending a church service at God's heart Ministries Church barely 1KM from Nyangali Village. They had been accompanied by Joy's parents Bishop Boyce and Prophet Ruth Boyce.

Albert saw and fell in love with Joy when they met in a church started in 2017 in his village with the help of her parents. " It was hard to express my feelings to her since I spoke neither Kiswahili nor English and she understood no Bukusu word." Joy had landed in Nairobi in 2018 and received by the ministry's Bishop who is Albert's elder brother.

It all started when Joy woke up one day and told her parents that God had instructed her to travel to Africa on Missionary activity. She sold her car and house to raise air ticket. When she landed in Nairobi, God instructed her to to go Bungoma where she had started a church.

While she was on normal prayer sessions, God told her that Albert would be her future husband. Joy wondered if it would come to pass since Albert could not speak English.

But one day after prayer sessions, Albert Wanyonyi miraculously began speaking in English. Joy was surprised and the same time happy when Albert told her that he was in love with her. Joy's parents were not sure wheather their marriage will work when she informed them.

The villagers thought that Joy was pregnant and wanted Albert to take responsibility. " I waited for four months after our marriage before I conceived to disappoint them." The couple has taken another second motorcycle on loan to increase revenue. " I was not raised to fetch water in jericans, my husband helps me with that, he loves eating Ugali with chicken and I spent most of my time learning how to cook Bukusu foods." This is a nice couple, what do you think?