Father to Kenyan Woman Who Claims To Have Infected over 100 Men with HIV Speaks

Nelly

The father of a Kenyan woman who threatened to expose all the men she has deliberately infected with HIV/AIDS has spoken out.

The woman identified as Ruth James recently left tongues wagging after claiming that she has infected over 100 men with the virus. Through social media, the woman threatened to reveal the identities and pictures of her alleged victims then commit suicide.

“I will expose all men that I have slept with them. Dying is the best thing I have suffered a lot,” she wrote on Facebook.

On Wednesday, her father James Ochieng disclaimed his daughter’s claims, saying that she is suffering from depression. The man explained that Ruth’s change of behavior began when she was in Form Three after her younger sister was run over by a lorry during a campaign trail in 2017.

“My daughter's mental problems, frustrations, depressions, and stress started immediately after the death of her sibling,” Ochieng said.

“After that, I started noticing the change of behavior in my daughter Ruth. She could dream of Christine on several occasions and this resulted in her choice of heavy drinking.”

Ruth later turned into an alcohol addict, which made her lose her job. “Since then my daughter’s life has been a hell of chaotic, she needs therapy, counseling or rehabilitation, and prayers,” Ochieng added.

While urging Kenyans not to judge his daughter, Ochieng said some of the allegations she is making are untrue, adding that she is not suffering from HIV.

“I would urge anyone reading her updates not to take it as a true picture of reality, what am currently looking at, is how I can really save the life of my daughter,” Ochieng pleaded.