DP Ruto: I have graduated from hustler to survivor because of many challenges

Nelly

Deputy President William Ruto now says his hustler movement is ready to take up the mantle of the country’s leadership next year.

DP Ruto, speaking on Sunday at a service at the Global Cathedral Church in Lang’ata, said the challenges he has faced under the Jubilee government have transformed him into a survivor.

“I have graduated from hustler to survivor because of the many challenges I have undergone. God has had to step in many times for us to be where we are today. In our nation, most people thought that the word hustler was abusive, and it was about people at the bottom,” he said.

“But today the hustler movement has actually created a revolution in Kenya. The hustler movement has transcended communities and regions, and is the largest movement in Kenya of very ordinary people, and many people did not expect that the next leadership of Kenya is going to come from the most unlikely quarters.
I am very confident that going into the future, the solution for the challenges we have in our nation will come from the most unlikely quarters.”

The DP also hit out at those opposed to the wheelbarrow symbol of the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) party, challenging them to explain why they are not opposed to “chungwa” as a symbol of the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party.

“I’m very happy the hustler narrative has changed the conversation in the country, everybody is now talking about how to change the subject of improving the economy of this country, just as I started a bottom up approach to ensure jobs creation, and improve the lives of our youth,” he said.