Deputy President William Ruto Asks Gov’t to Distribute "His" 15,000-Acre Ranch to Locals

Nelly

Deputy President William Ruto has told the government to give out a 15,000-acre land alleged to be his.

Ruto said the ADC Mutara Ranch, which was listed among the properties he owns, should be allocated to Laikipia residents.

“Now that they said I own 15,000 hectares of land, I am giving them the authority to distribute it to the people of Laikipia,” Ruto sarcastically said during a meeting with grassroots leaders from Narok at his Karen residence.

Appearing before a National Assembly committee this month, Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i listed 10 properties owned by Ruto, saying they were being manned by 51 police officers.

They included Kitengela Gas, 395-hectare Murumbi Farm in Transmara, 6,073- hectare ADC Laikipia Mutara Ranch, Dolphine Hotel in Mombasa, 2,537-acre Mata Farm in Taita Taveta, Koitalel Poultry Farm, and Kwae Island Development Ltd in Wilson Airport comprising two hangers and five helicopters.

Matiang’i had been summoned by the committee to shed light on the recent changes to the deputy president’s security detail.

Ruto acknowledged that 70 percent of the aforementioned properties belong to him but denied owning ADC Mutara Ranch.

“But there are a few properties they listed that I do not own, like the 10,000 or so acres in Laikipia, that is not mine,” said Ruto.

He also indicated that Matiang’i left out other properties he owns, including 400,000 and 80,000 shares in Safaricom and Kenya Airways respectively.