Comedian Eddie Butita lands lucrative deal with Netflix

Nelly

On Thursday, a thankful Butita said that he scripted and directed the Swahili Version of Upshaws an American sitcom created by Wanda Sykes and Regina Y. Hicks.

The funnyman said that he has always wanted to work with Netflix and when the opportunity presented itself he grabbed it with both hands.
He added that he was contacted by Netflix to be their first Swahili Comedy Writer and Director.

"NETFLIX POST ALERT
I have always wanted to be on Netflix, this year God made it a reality.
I was reached out to be the first Netflix Swahili Comedy Writer and Director.
For the past few Months I wrote and directed the Swahili Version of Upshaws created by Wanda Sykes, it was a great experience. The early mornings and late nights together with a team of talented professionals from Hiventy Africa, We successfully brought the script to life and its now streaming on Netflix.

Other Kenyans who were part of the Upshaws Swahili Version are; Happie Jeremiaah, Edna Akinyi, Brian Mueka, Raphael Gati, Frank Mativo, Phillip Obwogi, Pascal Mwita, Elton Mwambi, Malcom Marwa, Janet Kihanya, Alfred Munyua, Sharon Musungu and Sally Ramadhan.

The Upshaws
is an American sitcom created by Regina Y. Hicks and Wanda Sykes. The series stars Sykes, Mike Epps, Kim Fields, Page Kennedy, Diamond Lyons, Khali Spraggins, Jermelle Simon, Gabrielle Dennis, and Journey Christine.

The series premiered on Netflix on May 12, 2021. In June 2021, the series was renewed for a second season and now it has a Swahili version.