Asbury revival : Asbury Revival’ church service in 11th day of nonstop worship in Kentucky

Sanyatti

1B700898-4D91-406E-A75F-E6C0F487D31E.jpeg
Local officials are reporting over 5000+ people have showed up for Asbury Revival
Heading back home from the Asbury revival. I had to be present in the room where God has chosen to pour out His spirit in a special way in our generation. Flew in yesterday and spent the day praying. Wow. Been pondering and processing. Will be sharing more about my experience. Here are my thoughts so far:

1. In my humble opinion… This is revival. Felt like I was in Bible days. Literally.

2. I saw HUNGER for God like I’ve never seen before. Stood in line for 3 hours in the cold. When I left the room, people were still in lines at 10:30pm… they had to wait for 4hrs to get in. In those lines were kids under 10 to senior citizens over 85. 😭

3. I saw humility in those leading it. They are not even calling it revival themselves. Supernatural humility. And it’s Gen-Z’s leading… 😭😭😭
4. It’s pure. Jesus is the only agenda. No logos. No big names. No denominations. Just simple and hungry college students and their teachers in an old building.
3BFD245E-75DA-4F44-B1BD-1B789B2C8B4D.jpeg
5. It’s not forced. The music is simple. It’s like God Himself is leading through humble vessels.

6. I was amazed at how well they are pastoring and stewarding it. They had ground rules and were clear with their mission and expectations of everyone.

7. They are preaching a pure Gospel. They are focusing on The Cross and they made multiple altar calls all through out the day.
A non-stop church service at a small Kentucky Christian college is taking the US and parts of Europe by storm — with worshippers Sunday in their 11th straight day of praying.
Asbury Chapel continued yesterday in waves of prayer, worship, and gut-wrenching public confession. It was a significant and spontaneous move of the Spirit that lasted for hours. What a phenomena to witness. Come, Holy Spirit!

THE SURPRISE OF 2023. I love this photo of people standing in line in the rain to get a seat at the Asbury revival meetings. People are hungry for God. We’ve been in a spiritual drought but the outpouring has come. We didn’t deserve it but our God is full of mercy.
221CA360-DEEB-4D0D-A9E5-434DC9BC96A2.jpeg
“The Asbury Revival” began as an ordinary morning church service Feb. 8 at Asbury University in Wilmore, Ky., where there’s a certain amount of required church attendance every semester.

But after the final choir that Wednesday, students didn’t leave, according to Christianity Today.

8. It’s spreading like wild fire. There were people there who flew from Israel, Indonesia, Kenya and around the world. Wow!
This outpouring has revealed to me that God is a lot more compassionate than we give him credit for. He delights in showing mercy.
People are driving from all over the country just to take place the revival that is taking place at Asbury.
This is beautiful. God is great.

Genesis 28:16
New International Version
16 When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.”

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,� for they will be filled.

All I can say is I know I had a God encounter in there. Marked for life.
By Zenzo Matoga, Boston Massachusetts

Just like the Azusa Street revival from 100yrs ago!Asbury University has been known through the years for its history of great revivals. There have been several occasions when significant moves of the Holy Spirit have swept the campus and reached across the nation.

In February 1905, during a blizzard, a prayer meeting in the men’s dormitory spilled out to the rest of campus and the town of Wilmore.

In February 1908, revival broke out while someone prayed in chapel; the revival lasted two weeks and was signified by prevailing prayer and intercession.

In February 1921 the last service of a planned revival lasted until 6 a.m., and services were extended for three days.

In February 1950 a student testimony led to confessions, victories, and more testimonies. This went on uninterrupted for 118 hours and became the second leading news story nationwide; it is estimated that 50,000 people found a new experience in Christ as a result of this revival and witness teams that went out from it.

In March 1958 revival began in a student fasting prayer meeting that spilled over into chapel and lasted for 63 hours.

On February 3, 1970 Dean Custer B. Reynolds, scheduled to speak in chapel, felt led to invite persons to give personal testimony instead. Many on campus had been praying for spiritual renewal and were now in an expectant mood. Soon there was a large group waiting in line to speak. A spirit of powerful revival came upon the congregation. The chapel was filled with rejoicing people. Classes were cancelled for a week during the 144 hours of unbroken revival, but even after classes resumed on February 10, Hughes Auditorium was left open for prayer and testimony. These sessions were presided over by Reynolds, Clarence Hunter and other faculty. Some 2,000 witness teams went out from Wilmore to churches and at least 130 college campuses around the nation.

In March 1992 a student confession during the closing chapel of the annual Holiness Conference turned into 127 consecutive hours of prayer and praise.

In February 2006 a student chapel led to four days of continuous worship, prayer and praise.

Archives Materials Related to Revivals:

• When God Comes (video)
  • A Revival Account: Asbury 1970 (video)
  • One Divine Moment, by Robert Coleman
  • Asbury College: Vision and Miracle, by Joseph A. Thacker, Jr.
  • God’s People Revived: An Account of the Spontaneous Revival at Asbury College in February 1950, by Henry C. James
  • Memories of Asbury Revival of 1950, by Marion L. Walker (ed.)
  • Revival Fire, by Wesley Duewel
  • News accounts in Asbury’s student newspaper, The Collegian
Article written by Matt Kinnell

References:

• Revival Fire, by Wesley Duewel
  • The Collegian Asbury College student newspaper
  • Asbury College: Vision and Miracle, by Joseph A. Thacker, Jr.

#AsburyRevival #ToGodBeTheGlory

Last edited: