Arsenal Boss Arteta Responds to Rwanda President Kagame Ahead of Clash with Chelsea on Sunday

TheKamams

download (23).jpeg
President of Rwanda Paul Kagame was not a happy man after Arsenal were beaten by Brentford in 0-2 loss that saw him call out to the clubs administration and warned them against mediocrity. In three tweets, Kagame unleashed a rant after the game and said fans did not deserve mediocrity.
Rwanda's government sponsor Arsenal and pay £10million a year to have 'Visit Rwanda' on the Gunners' shirt sleeves. odkqnwxw8q4yxsre6120eff52ac48.jpg
In a press conference ahead of their match against Chelsea on Sunday, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta was asked about the sentiments expressed by the Rwandan President and what the club should do about it. Arteta, in a reply, said he agreed about the head of state's sentiments and said they were working about it.

“I agree that Arsenal should not accept mediocrity. I totally agree with that,” he said

Arteta further reveals that he was not happy with some people trying to ‘bury’ him but could not name names.

‘I’m talking about the lack of clarity in the messages and taking advantage of moments to use some disrespectful ways of describing certain things. This is what I say. Nothing new, ” he added.
download (24).jpeg

“No, it’s not about showing, it’s about expressing the feelings that are so clear in such moments.”

The Gunners are currently 17th on the Premier League table after a game and they will be looking forward to bettering their record on Sunday evening against the Chelsea.

Some of the top players who missed last game like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang may feature for them after he recovered from Covid-19.