28-Year-Old Kenyan Woman Opens Up About Marrying 60-Year-Old Mzungu

Pavilion

Staff member
28-Year-Old Kenyan Woman Opens Up About Marrying 60-Year-Old Mzungu

A 28-year-old Kenyan woman has opened up about her marriage to a German man who is more than double her age.

Ciru Njuguna, who hails from Lanet, Nakuru County, says she met her 60-year-old husband, a divorcee when she was only 20 years old while he was 52.

The couple met on Facebook eight years ago after one of them sent the other a friend request and began exchanging messages.

Ciru later agreed to meet the man for a coffee date, which was the beginning of an affair that culminated in marriage.

“He and his first wife were divorced. They had three children. He asked me if I’d like us to meet for coffee and I said yes,” Ciru told journalist Monica Kagoni.

Ciru says the 32-year age gap between her and her husband does not bother her and has never been an issue in their marriage. But people always judge her for marrying an old man.

“We have an age difference of 32 years. People always have an issue with our ages. We met on Facebook,” she added.

She also noted that her spouse is older than her father and had never been involved with another old man before meeting the German.

Attachments